Sunday, May 23, 2010

dehydrated much? asshole.

so i am a huge turd when it comes to drinking water. i HATE it. HATE. and you know what else i hate just as much? all the people out there that love, love, love drinking water. you can all go suck it. ok so i'm kidding....not really...ok moving on.

every time i go for a run outside, the following happens:

1. i run until i can't run anymore. sometimes that's 3 miles. sometimes it's 7. and sometimes it's 10. depends on the day.
2. i start to get a headache about 3 hours later and i ignore it
3. i go to bed with a headache and think i can sleep it off
4. i wake up in the middle of the night - like 2am - and my head is THROBBING
5. i take some generic ibuprofen or whatever
6. i go back to bed and lay there for an hour because the medicine isn't working
7. i get up and go to the nearest convenience store in my pajamas and no bra looking like a crack addict and i purchase extra-strength exedrin migraine
8. i try to swallow it in the car with no fluids and i choke while i'm driving
9. the headache goes away in 20 minutes and i can finally sleep by like 3:30am

i shit you not, this happens to me ALL THE FUCKING TIME. you'd think i'd learn a few things from all this experience. like purchase a drink when i go to wawa for drugs so i can swallow with ease. OR HAVE EXEDRIN IN THE BATHROOM CLOSET ASSWIPE!!!! OR even better - figure out what the hell is wrong and fix it.

i went online and discovered that i either have a brain hemmorage and i'm gonna die in 3 days OR i'm dehydrated. a runner's world blog told me that chugging a glass of water before and after a run is not sufficient. i need to STAY hydrated at all times.

so here i go. determined to fall in love with drinking water so i can stop this madness.

happy hydrating! xo

2 comments:

  1. Word, Tina. Got to drink water like all the time. It's rare that I don't have my water bottle near me. If I go through a day without it, I certainly feel it. Buy a nice water bottle: http://www.oodora.com/natural-home-made-products/going-green/sigg-eco-friendly-reusable-water-bottles.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned on fb, try flavoring water with cucumber slices and mint leaves. I am one of those water lovers of which you speak, and cucumber mint water is my fave! Reminder: don't drink too much water as once. Do remember how sick I was after drinking 5 glasses before dinner?? Barf!

    ReplyDelete