Thursday, May 13, 2010

emotional hunger feels so REAL

it's amazing how some uncomfortable emotion automatically translates into "i'm hungry". i mean for real - my body actually FEELS hungry. but how do i know i'm not really hungry? first of all, i follow a food plan and eat the same things all the time AND my tummy never rumbles because i'm always satiated. as a compulsive eater, my hunger mechanism is all out of wack. i remember during my biggest binges in the past, it was like that thing in my brain that says "hey, you're full" totally stops working!!! but when i'm tryin to stay on the wagon and i'm really tired or stressed or sad or lonely or whatever....i feel HUNGRY! so today i'm grateful for my food plan that i follow. it keeps me in check and if i'm following it and staying hydrated, when the food calls me, i know it's not real. :)

p.s. sorry if i offended anyone with my last post...got a little carried away. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment