Wednesday, June 2, 2010

temptation attacks

so i'm out and about after my workout. it's late. i'm sweaty....and HUNGRY. i'm at the pet smart of all places and something bright and orange and kinda shiny catches my eye....reeses peanut butter cups. they are my FAVORITE. aside from doughnuts. and double cheese burgers from mcdonalds. and macaroni and cheese. and brownies. with ice cream. or brownie ice cream. FUCK.

ok so reeses peanut butter cups are spotted and i am actually considering eating them. are you kidding me, tina? do you KNOW what you're capable of doing with food? i mean, for real.

let's break this down...

i worked late last night. got like 4 hours sleep. had a long day. worked out really hard at the gym. it's 7:30pm and i haven't had dinner. this is the perfect set up for a fall...a nice slow fall on top of those peanut butter cups. why the hell am i talking about this? because a lot of times feelings trigger me and tonight was a perfect example. all i needed to do is get my ass back in my car and drive home to eat my dinner and rehydrate. pretty much 99% of the time if the food is calling me...or stalking me...or beating me over the head with it's yummy goodness, it usually means i just need to take care of myself. give myself a little TLC. i am reminded of something i learned in recovery. never let yourself get too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired (H.A.L.T.)

happy eating and take good care of YOU! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment