Tuesday, August 3, 2010

day 9 here we come

soooo i'm on day 9 of my detox...no grains and limited fats...basically protein and veggies only.

it's amazing how little food we really need. i feel humbled by this whole thing. despite some of the great freedoms i experience with food and with my body, food is still a very important thing in my life...always gotta make sure i have my food packed, "oh my gosh, i gotta eat every 4 hours or i'll fucking die!" i am experiencing the same "wow factor" that i experienced the first time i detoxed 3 years ago...food is fuel, and you don't need a whole lot.

most days are a struggle for me not to put more food in my mouth than i need. i always think i'm hungry but i'm discovering that it's only emotional. i am definitely a stress eater...an emotional eater...so when things come up throughout my day that are hard (even just boredom) i automatically think "i'm hungry!" but i'm really not! this food plan is teaching me that food is for fuel only and while i can enjoy my meals and eat the things i like, it's still always gotta come down to this:

i eat to fuel my body so i can live. period.

happy eating! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment